Wednesday, April 8, 2009

France Photography [j'adore paris]

In late 2004, I went on one of the most wonderful trips of my life. I went to Europe! I just bought my new Canon DSLR and I was giddy with excitement. Growing up in a small town, I only dreamt of traveling to far off places, but never imagined it would actually come true. I was lucky enough to find a man who has the same desire of traveling as I do. And so, we set off on our 2-week journey with some family and friends and had the time of our lives.

On the first leg of our trip, we explored Paris, the city of lights. This was during Christmas so there was an abundance of beautiful lights and decor surrounding the city. It was breathtaking.

Just a little background info, I studied French for 3 years and felt pretty confident that I could converse with the locals. Much to my dismay, I struggled trying to communicate with the parisians.. Some of them just laughed and spoke English to help me out. Was it that obvious that I am American? LOL.

Lately, I've had a lot of time for reflection and thought it would be fun to share some (a lot!) of images from our time in Paris. More images to come from our next stop in Rome!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Right below this bridge is where Princess Diana was killed :(

Photobucket

There's nothing like seeing the Eiffel Tower lit up at night.

Photobucket

Arc de Triomphe.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Inside the Louvre, they were really strict with their no camera policy while viewing the famous Mona Lisa, but I just couldn't resist. If you squint your eyes, you can see the painting in the background.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Notre Dame cathedral was was so beautiful and a little eerie with all of the gargoyles hanging from above.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The image above is the inside of a McDonald's restaurant right near our hotel. I didn't see any greasy fries or burgers here. It was unlike any fast food restaurant.

Photobucket

The view from the top of the Eiffel Tower was gorgeous...and COLD!

Photobucket

And a few of John and I.

Daisy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooh, I likey mucho!!! so many great images daze. the ferris wheel - i totally wanted to ride it when we were there, but i don't think it was operating that day. next time!

lynn