Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Children's Museum Photography [Childsplay]

04.04.09

I love being surprised.

I am not a morning person. In fact, I can be very cranky at times. So, when my sister calls me early yesterday morning to invite me to the New Children's Museum in San Diego, I kind of brush it aside, cut the conversation short and quickly fall back into slumber. After I was fully awake, I checked out the museum online and was actually excited about going. I usually make the same rounds of playgrounds, play rooms, bookstores etc. with Sophia, which can quickly become redundant and boring, so I was eager for a change.

As soon as we entered the museum, I was blown away by the magnitude, uniqueness and creativity that this place exuded. This museum was total eye candy and we had so much FUN! I highly recommend you bring your little kiddie(s) here for something a little different...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't believe Christian's already 10 months old! He is the sweetest little boy and I love his smile :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sophia's best friend, Emma, came along too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are like 20 rooms, all with quirky, cool little themes. This particular room casted shadows and silhouettes against the walls. It was fun playing with light.

Photobucket

I think my sister had a little too much fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The wall climbing / graffiti room.

Photobucket

I think I had almost as much fun as the kids. We will definitely be back to do more exploring.

Daisy

1 comment:

Lynn Dao Photography said...

How fun! I wanna go there when I come back for a visit. Can I borrow Sophie? She's getting bigger & more beautiful each time I see her!