Thursday, June 5, 2008

San Diego Wedding [Diep + Hai]

05.24.08

I started my 11 hour day at Diep's parents home for the two tea ceremonies. I had never photographed a tea ceremony before, but luckily I had Lynn to consult, as well as good ol' youtube + several of Diep + Hai's relatives. After that, I was good to go! The girls were all dressed in their lovely traditional wear, which I couldn't stop photographing because of their super bright colors + sequins. The dress that Diep is wearing would be one of four that she would wear that day.

Photobucket

The girls, along with Diep's family went inside as Hai + his side of the family showed up...in style.

Photobucket

They were nice enough to bring some gifts with them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Right before entering, Hai went up to the door, knocking continuously, hoping that Diep's father would allow him to enter the house. Hai offered sums of money + gifts, of which her father eventually let Hai + his family into the house. It was very entertaining.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tea was served to each family member + in return Diep + Hai received red envelopes of $$$ :) I soooo love this idea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Afterwards, we headed to the church for the actual ceremony.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The flower girl, Tram, was so cute + had SO much personality! Look how helpful she is helping Diep with her train.

We then met up at the "hillcrest hillside."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The guys had me cracking up!

Photobucket

I thought Diep looked absolutely stunning in dress #2.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then headed off to Jasmine Seafood Restaurant on Convoy. A 9 course meal was served throughout the night. I, being a huge food lover, couldn't resist sampling the delicious food :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Traditionally, as the guests arrived, they would be photographed with Diep + Hai in a "prom style" set-up (as shown in the image above). Amanda 2nd shot for me + had the pleasure of photographing these wonderful group pictures. In the image above she's attempting to get "in the moment." Gotta love her focus.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After all of the guests arrived, there were many introductions + applauses.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was truly a memorable celebration + I'm so happy that Diep + Hai chose me to photograph their wedding. I wish you so much love + happiness!!!

Daisy

2 comments:

Lynn Dao Photography said...

AWESOME AWESOME photos Dazee!!!! WOW! You captured the Vietnamese wedding perfectly. And the images of them at the hillside area are gorgeous! Love it, love it, love it!

Unknown said...

Hey Daisy,

Great shots! I like the look you have/gave to the day. That style is awesome.

Take care,
Huy