Tuesday, January 19, 2010

feeling inspired.

I feel calm while hearing the rain pour and the wind blow against my window. I love the sounds and smell of rain. It's days like today that I feel the most inspired.

For months, I've been ripping pages from my favorite magazines, hoping one day I can organize them in such a way that I can look back at them and find inspiration. The images that I chose definitely evoke a sense of emotion and feeling, something that I aspire to show through my own images. I realized as I was ripping away, that I started to tear out more of the design elements. I've discovered how much I really love and appreciate the little details. I totally admire those who are crafty.

Lately, my favorite magazines/catalogs are from Marie Claire, Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters. I can spend hours walking through Anthropologie. I'm in awe of all of the quirky, cute objects + art that are randomly placed throughout the store.



And so, a few days ago, I was at Barnes + Noble (no surprise, there) and found the perfect journal for these images. Love it!





Thank you to my little sweetheart for letting me borrow her scissors :)

Much love,

Daisy

No comments: