Thursday, August 28, 2008

Washington D.C. Photography

I had the most amazing trip! Christine and I traveled and explored the city (by foot) in such a short period of time. We dined and drank margaritas. We chatted with other travelers and really go to spend some quality time together.

Here are a few things that I love about D.C.

1. The brick houses
2. The people
3. Lots + lots of green trees
4. The history + culture
5. The sound of locusts

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nerds? I think so :)

Photobucket

The White House.

Photobucket

I couldn't resist.

Photobucket

The Washington Monument...and me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We soaked our feet at this beautiful fountain at the WWII Memorial. It felt sooooo good!

Photobucket

She couldn't walk straight after that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Lincoln Memorial.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Arlington Cemetary.

Photobucket

An eternal flame burns for JFK.

Photobucket

Capitol Hill.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's so good to have friends like Christine.

I met Christine at SDSU. We were both taking several of the same Journalism classes. She's from Cologne, Germany and I'm hoping to visit her someday soon. In the meantime, I'm trying to persuade her to move to the states permanently.

Photobucket

The next day, we rented a car + relexed at Chesapeake Beach.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I thought it was funny.

Photobucket

Later that night, we took our cameras to the memorials to take some cool night shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

D.C. is a wonderful city. It's so ALIVE! I hope to revisit it again.

Thanks Christine for being an AWESOME friend!!!

Daisy

1 comment:

Lynn Dao Photography said...

Coooool. Love the images where you're fooling around w/ lighting & shutter speed. Looked like someone had FUN!!!

Ok, now where's my Sophia??