Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trash the Dress Photography [behind the scenes]

03.09.08

What an AWESOME time! I joined about 35 photographers + 11 couples in Palm Springs for a Trash the Dress photo shoot. I met some amazing people, had some good laughs + just a good time overall. Before I introduce my visual perspective on the event, I wanted to give you a glimpse behind all of the action.

Lynn, Lisa + I decided to carpool up to Palm Springs at 9:30 a.m. I drank a huge cup of coffee so I was ready to go.

Photobucket

Here's Lynn working her magic ;)

We stopped for a quick impromptu photo session by these beautiful green hills. The drive up was gorgeous + serene.

Photobucket

It such a blast getting to know Lisa a little bit better. She has such a positive energy + is so full of life!

We were just arriving in Palm Springs, when I decided to break out in my karaoke version of Abba's "Dancing Queen." I can be quite the big nerd in the car + anywhere for that matter. As a result of my wonderful singing skills, Lynn got so distracted that we ended driving 30 minutes in the wrong direction! Good times...

Photobucket

Imagine caravanning with about 15 other cars to our first shooting location, not an easy task for Chris, but she was a great leader. The spot came with it's own big broke-down tractor:)

Photobucket

Here are two of our lovely models carrying a basket of props. A bunch of photographers contributed so many cool props for everyone to use. So much fun!

Photobucket

Desiree getting ready to photograph two of the models.

Photobucket

Jeremy + Joy - a couple of So Cal photographers. I love what Joy had to say at the end of the day - "This has been like Disneyland for Photographers!" - that basically sums it all up for me too.

Photobucket

We brought along reflectors + lighting equipment of all kinds. The light was very harsh, so we worked with what we had. I think because we were having such a great time, we didn't mind the heat...well, I guess just a little...

Photobucket

We had an "interesting" situation at our second location. About 20 minutes into shooting, a couple of locals came charging at us in anger like raging bulls, yelling + hollering to get off the land. A few of us kept quiet, others continued shooting + couple of photographers questioned them. So, if you're planning on photographing in Palm Springs, please read the fine print on signs.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Meet enemy no. 1. As I was photographing the stunning model Dominique, this cactus plant pierced right through my boots + into my leg + foot. WARNING: do not shoot close to cacti - they hurt like a b*tch!

Photobucket

Dominique is one of my very good friends + I'm so happy that she agreed to model for us. If you haven't already guessed, that's me beside her.

Photobucket

Thanks to Lynn + Susie for helping in organizing this event! It was so nice to finally meet you. Also, a big thanks to ProDPI, George's Camera, Pixel2canvas + Shootsac for sponsoring our TTD event!

And a BIG thanks to everyone for bringing your ideas to the table + making this event in every way worthwhile + enjoyable! I hope to see everyone again.

Please stay tuned for my dramatic sequel to the Trash the Dress! session....

Daisy

8 comments:

Lynn Dao Photography said...

You are awesome. I love the behind the scene images. Thanks for putting so much work into this shoot Daisy! We all were lucky to be a part of it.

Bonnie Tsang Photography said...

Good times! :D

Lisa Gisczinski Photography said...

You did such a great job the whole day! Thanks for getting all of the sponsored goodies....I just LOVE my new shootsac. yippee. Oh geez those photos of me.....yuk. I need to work out :)I never like myself in front of the camera. Anyway!!!Can't wait to see you again!

Side by Side Video said...

that was an awesome day! it was great to meet you, hope to see you again!

danielle

Susie Linquist said...

Great behind the scenes stuff! I love the shot of Lynn with the lighting. Awesome! It was so good meeting you, and I look forward to our next..more intimate shoot :)

Cindy Lowe said...

Hi Daisy! Thank you so much for your hard work! It was so nice to meet you! :) thanks for taking the group pic for us! :) Hope to see you again soon! :)

xoxo
Cindy (orange turtle photography)

Lynn Dao Photography said...

dramatic sequel? i can't wait! i can't wait! i can't wait!!!

Tillebo said...

daisy:) you are soo loved and looked up to:) I cannot even say anything. I am speechless:) your website rocks girl.